“… Rob Fokkens‘ single movement concerto is exquisitely crafted.. complex counterpoint, bustling percussion, and thrillingly stratospheric scoring for violin soloist performed with panache and precision by the excellent Harriet Mackenzie… Deborah Pritchard‘s Wall of Water (2014) is a vivid response to the tumultuous seascapes of painter Maggi Hambling, with both composition and performance crackling with energy. In satisfying contrast, Emily Doolittle‘s falling still is a delicate meditation on the natural world, solo violin floating above a cushion of strings… The disc is completed by Paul Patterson’s agile and characterful Allusions and David Matthews’ Romanza (2012), a daringly luscious waltz which invites Mackenzie’s sumptuous tone to soar…performances are captivating.”
Want to receive all the latest news, infomation and special offers from the orchestra? Then please join our mailing list today!
- Matthew Taylor: Symphonies 4 and 5, Romanza for Strings £12.00
- David Matthews: Symphony No. 9, Variations for Strings, Double Concerto £12.00
- Philip Sawyers: Violin Concerto, The Valley of Vision, Trumpet Concerto, Elegiac Rhapsody £12.00
- Brahms/Kenneth Woods: Piano Quartet No.2 in A major (arr. for symphony orchestra) £10.00
- Hans Gál: Concertino for Cello and Strings, Solo Cello Works, Avie Records £10.00